Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hello Everyone,
I just spent an hour trying to communicate the fact that I want to upload my photos but I have failed. Sorry, I really wanted to get some pics on line but just can't seem to find someone who understands what I want and can accomplish it!!
Our first night with Joe went very well. We were all extremely tired so I guess that helped. He keeps asking when we will get on the airplane and go to the USA. It's going to be a while but that's hard to communicate to a 5 year old. We went to a park this morning where the kids played and got super dirty. We had McDonalds for lunch which was comfort food for Maria, even though we never eat it at home. Many of us took a nap after lunch. Joe fell asleep sitting up on the bed so I just tipped him over and he stayed asleep for an hour. All in all I'd say things are going extremely well. He seems to be rolling with what's happening. I think we're all sort of anxious to go home and just start being a family. It's hard to do that in hotel rooms. Tomorrow we are planning to go to Siping and visit the orphanage. Jenny, our local Holt staff person, asked Joe if he would like to go back. He said yes, but he doesn't want to stay there. I guess that's good. Seems like a lot of power to give to a 5 year old so we're praying it's the right decision to bring him back to say good bye again to his foster mom and friends.
That's all for now. I need to go rescue Guy. He and his mom took 5 kids to the pool (mostly used for lap swimming...no so much like a hotel pool in the States). Joe seems afraid of the water...guess we need to work on that one.
Hope everyone is well. I'll keep trying to get some photos online...
He is every bit as cute as the photos posted already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. It is a huge answer to prayer that he is already feeling comfortable wiht your family. I can imagine the communication thing is very hard. A lot of hand signals. We can't wait to meet him and get him used to the water!

Chris

Anonymous said...

yo yo yo. i'm glad to hear that you are having a good time over there, i'm praying for you daily.